Prosperity Day is set for October 8, 2022, from 1pm to 5pm.
Please plan to join your neighbors on Saturday, October 8, with a rain date of October 15. It will be fun for all ages with good food, a moon bounce, cotton candy, face painting, and general merriment. For those of you who have never been to Prosperity Day, it is our annual block party for Prosperity Heights residents. It’s a great way to get to know your neighbors!
Your Homeowners Association will provide hamburgers, cheeseburgers, turkey burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, Boca burgers and all the fixings, as well as soda, juice, and water. The grills will be going from 1-3PM so be sure to come get something to eat!
IMPORTANT! In addition to the grilled items that will be provided, we ask everyone to please contribute a side dish or dessert. If time, energy, or talent is lacking in your kitchen, feel free to bring something yummy from a store or restaurant. If you have a particular specialty dish, please don’t hesitate to bring it. Ethnic dishes are encouraged.
Please tape a piece of paper or an index card to the food you bring telling what it is (including main ingredients), and don’t forget serving utensils. Or even better, set out individual portions that people can grab! In addition, if you’d like your dish back after the party, please label your dish with masking tape and a permanent marker with your name and phone number.
Food contributions should be brought to the party by 1PM so everyone can enjoy them.
We need many volunteers to make this event a success. If you can volunteer, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D4BABA82DA1FB6-prosperity or email one of the organizers below. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Contact one of the planning committee members:
1. Set-up (roughly 12-1PM) – 10 people needed
2. Welcome Table Monitors (1-5PM) – Total of 4 people needed, 1 person each hour.
3. Grill Masters (12:30-3:30PM) – 6 people needed, 2 people each hour, first shift includes grill set up, last shift includes grill cleanup
4. Moon Bounce Monitors (1 person for each 30-minute shift from 1-5PM) – Total of 8 people needed
5. Cotton Candy Machine Monitors (1 person for each 1-hour shift from 1-5PM) – Total of 4 people needed
6. Popcorn Machine Monitors (1 person for each 1-hour shift from 1-5PM) – Total of 4 people needed
7. Craft Table Monitors (one-hour shifts, 2 people at a time from 1-5PM) – Total of 8 people needed
8. Clean-up (roughly 5-6PM) – 10 people needed
Prosperity Day Supply Loan Form
We also need to borrow certain items from residents. This will help with the success of Prosperity Day and also help keep our rental costs down. Please let us know if you could loan any of the following items (please note quantity):
____ Cooler/Tub (Please leave at Sachin Telhan's house - 3323 Monarch Lane - the night before or morning of and label with your name)
____ Tent or canopy (open on four sides)
____ Child-size plastic chairs and/or children’s picnic tables