We’ve seen many home improvements going on this year. Unfortunately, some are not in compliance with our covenants and by-laws. While we are working on these, please remember that you must submit an Exterior Alteration Application in advance for ANY project on your property or the exterior of your home. Copies of our HOA guidelines are posted on our website.
Changes that must be approved include (but are not limited to) installing fences or walls of any type in any location; sheds; decks; patios; other exterior structures; awnings; and in-ground pools and ponds.
All additions to homes as well as changes in the color of existing siding, doors, and/or shutters must also be reviewed and approved by the Architectural Review Committee. Exterior Alteration Application information and forms are posted on our HOA website under “Exterior Alterations.”
Restrictive Covenants to Remember
- All play equipment must be in backyards and not visible from the street.
- Overall aesthetic rules prohibit the painting or covering of garage windows.
- Community Parking District rules prohibit the parking of watercraft, motor homes, campers, trailers, vehicles greater than or equal to 3 axles for more than 48 hours.
- Trash cans and recycling bins must be stored out of sight.
- Please be courteous to others as well by trimming trees and shrubs over and near sidewalks to allow ease of using our many walkways. Above ground-level clearance of 6-feet is a minimum standard for growth extending over sidewalks.