Jan 2021 -- Fairfax is offereing a new Food Scraps Composting Drop-off service. Check the website for details.
- Trash pickups are Tuesday and Friday
- Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays
- Yard Debris is picked up March 1 thru as late as December 24 on Wednesdays
Please have all trash out by 6 am on pickup days.
The Fairfax Recycle Guide provides information about what our service provider will take (note: these private company services may differ slightly from Fairfax County guidance).
Yard Debris Pickup - Brush and branches must be cut in 4-foot lengths with limbs no thicker than 6 inches in diameter. Brush and branches must be tied into bundles no larger than 2 feet in diameter. Grass clippings and other yard debris must be in bins or bagged in transparent plastic bags or paper bags.
Christmas Tree are be removed separately from other debris, during the first two weeks of January, on the normally scheduled yard waste day (Wed). All ornaments and decorations must be removed from the trees, prior to being placed at the curb for removal.
Special pickups can be arranged by contacting Republic Services of Fairfax 703-818-8222
Holiday Trash Collection - Trash and recycling pickup service are not provided on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Check Republic Service's holiday schedule for additional details.
Fairfax County County Code regarding recycling:
- Chapter 109, Article 2, Section 109-2-1 requires all Fairfax County residents to recycle glass, metal food and beverage containers, and yard debris (to include brush, leaves and grass clippings).
- Section 109-5-4 describes the collection points and set-out restrictions, including the following mandate: Residential solid waste and recyclables shall not be set out for curbside collection prior to 4:00 p.m. of the day preceding scheduled collection, or on any sidewalks or any other portion of the public right of way where they will interfere with pedestrians or vehicular traffic.
- Solid waste and recycling containers shall be removed to a regular place of keeping behind the front building line before 6 a.m. of the day following collection.