December 15, 2020
I hope this finds you and your families well and enjoying the holiday season!
I am writing today in my capacity as President of the HOA to recognize concerns about the work of the Prosperity Heights Board that were expressed this week through a community-wide mailing sent by a concerned Prosperity Heights homeowner. I have also received comments in personal conversations with homeowners regarding information they have received via word of mouth. I and my fellow Board members appreciate constructive feedback from owners, we are listening to you, and will use it to guide us in our efforts as we work for you.
As the end of the year approaches, and we reflect upon what has been accomplished, I would like to share some notable progress that the Board has made since July’s Annual Meeting. In this season of gratitude and giving, I wish to recognize the many ways in which our 100% volunteer Board has invested significant time and energy to improve the lives of residents in our wonderful community.
In our efforts to maintain and enhance our neighborhood, respond to concerns, and to respect our governing documents and the VA Property Owners Association Act, we have sought and made progress on many fronts. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Approving and posting on our official neighborhood website all meeting minutes. Additionally, we have reconciled old meeting minutes that were not previously posted on the website and made those available.
- Reconciling our neighborhood email list, identifying homes without emails, and updating our records by soliciting additional email addresses to address this gap.
- Digitizing our books and records while identifying and addressing gaps in our documents.
- Normalizing our Board meeting schedule with visibility one year in advance to support planning. When necessary, if a meeting date has to be changed, we have posted this on our official webpage. We are working on ensuring all residents who have requested personal email meeting notifications, receive them.
- Consistently updating our website (www.prosperityheights.org) with new materials, information, and postings.
- Improving the Architectural Approval Form to include a revised neighbor approval section.
- Initiating a financial audit to be completed in early 2021.
- Reviewing our 2020 election processes and beta testing a new platform to be used at the 2021 Annual Meeting.
These accomplishments are a testament to the dedication and service of the volunteers on the Board. While we recognize there is more work to be done, I am proud of the progress we have made.
Additionally, the board has worked diligently to comply with relevant state law, improve internal processes, and make this neighborhood operate efficiently.
The Board continues to seek your feedback on three draft resolutions to be discussed at the next Board meeting. These resolutions address recordings made of board meetings, conduct during meetings and open forum, and the establishment of an official website blog/message board for communicating with owners. Before the Board considers these resolutions formally, homeowner feedback would be both helpful and welcome and can be used to guide the Board as it considers these resolutions. I encourage you to review the resolutions and provide any feedback using the webform we have created for this purpose. To give you more time to respond to our request for feedback, we have extended the deadline to January 4th, 2021. We want to ensure all neighbors have the opportunity to participate. For those that do not receive communication via email, we will be sending written communication soon.
We have also rescheduled our next board meeting to Wednesday, January 27th at 7:00 P.M. so that all Board members can attend and to provide ample time for us to receive and process homeowner feedback.
To learn more about the resolutions under consideration visit www.prosperityheights.org.
I hope to continue to see many of you on walks around the neighborhood. Please reach out with any questions or concerns. I wish you all a very happy holiday season and happy new year!
President, Prosperity Heights HOA